COVID-19 Customer Support Programs

 Residential Demand Charge   COVID-19 Customer Support Programs   Manage Your Account   Pay As You Go   Ways to Pay   Rates   About SmartHub  

As our community continues to deal with the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, we understand the challenges our customers are facing and that many are experiencing financial hardship.   While customers are still obligated to pay for the electricity consumed, our staff is prepared to help with payment arrangements, information on payment options and assistance.

Pay As You Go

Benton PUD’s prepaid billing program, Pay As You Go, is available for Residential and Small General Service customers.  Arrears balances may be moved to a prepaid arrangement to allow customers to pay the balance over time.  Security deposits are applied towards the arrears balance.  Payments are distributed using a 25%/75% ratio, with 25% of payments going towards paying off the arrears balance and 75% towards paying for current usage.  Please contact Customer Service at 509-582-2175 for more information.

Low-Income Senior, Disabled, and Veteran, Active Military and Widow/Widower Discounts

Qualified customers may receive a 10%, 15% or 25% monthly discount based on total annual household income. Please visit our Payment Assistance information page or contact Customer Service at 509-582-2175 or for information.

Helping Hands

Benton PUD's Helping Hands funds are available for qualified low-income customers.  Eligible customers may receive $125 - $225, based on the number of people in the household and annual income.  The Helping Hands program is administered for Benton PUD by Community Action Connections (CAC).   Please contact CAC at 509-545-4042 for information.

The organizations listed below may be able to provide assistance paying your electric bill:

Community Action Connection

Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) helps households maintain affordable, dependable utility services and avoid disconnection during the winter months.  Contact Community Action Connection (CAC) for information regarding LIHEAP 509-545-4042 or visit their website at to register for the LIHEAP program.

Benton County Department of Human Services

Any Benton County resident experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19, who is at least one month late on rent or utility payments and meets program income requirements may be eligible to receive financial assistance through the Benton County Department of Human Services.  Please contact Benton County Human Services at 509-737-3946 for more information.  To download the application, click here.  

Washington 2-1-1

Washington 2-1-1 has the latest information about assistance that may be available to you including utility assistance, diapers, transportation, food and shelter and many others.  Dial 211 from any phone to be connected with a representative or visit 2-1-1's website.

Department of Social and Health Services

Washington State Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS) offers emergency programs.  These programs can include emergency funds to help cover basic needs such as food, housing and assistance paying utility bills.  Go to DSHS's website or contact a case worker for information about available programs.

COVID-19 Resources

Center for Disease Control Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Washington State Coronavirus Response (COVID-19) 
Washington State Department of Health - Novel Coronavirus Outbreak (COVID-19)
Benton-Franklin Health District – COVID-19 Information

 This page is posted in accordance with proclamation 20-23.5.

Para asistencia en español por favor llamar servicios al cliente al 509-582-2175